MBA Alumni Reunion
10:00-10:45 Reception participants
10:00-10:45 Holy Mass in suffrage for the deceased Alumni
10:45-11:15 Welcome session
12:15-13:30 Parallel sessions for all MBA, EMBA and GEMBA
15:30-16:45 Specific sessions for the promotions that celebrate five years
16:45 Photos of the Classes Celebrating 5 - Year Reunion
- Miguel A. Ariño is professor in the Department of Managerial Decision Sciences. His current research looks at decision making and organizational governance. He holds a Ph.D. in Mathematics from the Universitat de Barcelona (UB) and has been teaching in the Universitat of Barcelona (UB), Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) and Universidad Carlos III from Madrid. Moreover, he is visiting professor in other international institutions such as, CEIBS (China Europe International Business School) and HKUST Business School (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology).
He has published articles in both academic and mainstream magazines. He is the author of the book "Toma de Decisiones y Gobierno de Organizaciones" (Ed. Deusto, 2005) and co-author, together with Pablo Maella, of the book "Iceberg a la Vista. Principios para tomar decisiones sin hundirse" (Empresa Activa, 2010). He is also the author of the blog http://miguelarino.com/
- Prof. Calvo is Assistant Professor in the Department of Production, Technology and Operations Management at IESE Business School, where he teaches in MBA, Executive Education and Custom programs. He holds an M.Sc. and a Ph.D. in telecommunications engineering from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Spain.
He has held several research posts at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). In 2005, he was the recipient of the "Salvà i Campillo" award to the Best Young Engineer by the Association of Electrical Engineers of Catalonia. In 2014, he was named among the World?s Top 40 Business School professors under the age of 40.
His research is focused in network optimization, operational risk management and operational complexity, and has been published in top academic journals such as Management Science, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing and IEEE Transactions on Communications.
He is the academic director of the Industrial Excellence Award in Spain, a competition that benchmarks European competitiveness in the industrial and service sectors, and of IESE's Initiative for the Excellence in Operations. Thanks to this, he has evaluated the operations strategy of a number of industrial firms accounting for over 1.5% of Spain's GDP.
He has over 5 years of strategy and operations consulting experience in Europe and Latam, where he has been active in telco, IT, financial services, retail, pharma and industrial equipment.
Academic Director (2nd Year), MBA Program / Member, Editorial Board of the 'IESE Insight' magazineCarlos García Pont is professor in the Marketing Department. His work places special emphasis on the importance of alliances in understanding competitive strategy, the organizational needs of market-oriented organizations in industrial markets and subsidiary strategy in global corporations.
He has also done work in the areas of strategic management and marketing strategy. Prof. García Pont has had extensive experience with both local and multinational organizations in his consulting activities.
- Jaume Llopis is senior lecturer in the Department of Strategic Management. He has served as CEO at a number of prominent companies including Agrolimen, Sarrió, AGF Unión-Fenix, Carnation, Nestlé, Moulinex and Grupo Borges. He is a member of the board of directors at several multinational companies as well as family owned businesses in Europe and Latin America.
Prof. Llopis is the author of a number of books including Qué hacen los buenos directivos. El reto del siglo XXI (What Good Directors Do: The Challenge of the 21st Century), Dirigiendo: 11 Factores Clave del Exito Empresarial (Managing: 11 Key Factors in Business Success), Dirigiendo y Reinventando La Empresa: 11+1 Factores Clave del Éxito Empresarial (Managing and Reinventing the Company: 11+1 Key Factors in Business Success), and Yo dirijo. La dirección del siglo XXI según sus protagonistas (I Manage: 21st Century Management According to Its Protagonists). His book Management by lies. Mitos y mentiras en la dirección de empresas (2009) is a best seller. The New York Times published a review as one of the best management books of the month.
He has published various IESE cases and technical notes, and has organized the Annual Food and Beverage Sector Meeting at IESE since 1992. Currently, he combines teaching with consulting at his company, Governance and Consulting. He is also a partner in the mergers and acquisitions consulting company International Investment Group-2IG, S.A.
Prof. Llopis has extensive experience in the consumer goods industry and family businesses and a wide knowledge of US and Latin American markets, in particular Mexico, where he works closely with the business school IPADE.
- Núria Mas is Professor of economics at IESE Business School and holder of the Jaime Grego Chair of Healthcare Management. She holds a Ph.D. in economics from Harvard University and a B.A. in economics from Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Before joining IESE Business School, Prof. Mas worked as an associate at Lehman Brothers International.
Prof. Mas teaches economics and health economics in the MBA, Executive-MBA and other executive education programs. She is the Academic Director of IESE's Annual Healthcare Industry Meeting.
She is member of the Advisory Committee for the Sustainability and Progress of the Healthcare System of the Government of Catalonia.
Her fields of research interests focus on the interaction between the public and the private sector, with an emphasis on the health care market. She also analyzes how hospitals and doctors respond to different incentive mechanisms. She has also been involved in several projects assessing the effects of different health care systems on the health of the population. Her work has been published in numerous international journals such as the Journal of Health Economics, The Review of Industrial Organization or the International Journal of Healthcare Finance and Economics.
Prof. Mas has been an advisor and consultant on health economics for the European Commission as well as for different public sector institutions and the healthcare industry.
- Javier Zamora is currently Senior Lecturer in the Department of Information Systems. He received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Columbia University, and his M.Sc. in Telecommunications Engineering from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. He also holds a PDG from IESE.
He is the Academic Director of the ICT & Digital Media Industry Meeting at IESE, as well as the Mobile Thinking Days, a joint program with the Mobile World Capital Barcelona. His current areas of interest are focused on Big Data and the Internet of Things and its impact on digital transformation.
Prof. Zamora's teaching spans across all IESE programs, from MBA to Custom, and is focused on the digital transformation of organizations through the knowledge and application of new digital technologies with special emphasis on the redesign of processes and the challenge for senior executives to develop a digital mindset. In custom training and consulting he has been involved in projects with leading organizations such as Abertis Autopistas, Alior Bank, Banco do Brasil, BBVA, BMW, CaixaBank, Cecabank, Cepsa, Chemo Group, Correos, Danone, Emirates NBD, Gas Natural Fenosa, Generali, HP, IBM, Indra, Liberty Seguros, Mapfre, Microsoft, Novartis, Oracle, Orange, Play, Roche, Samsung, Santander, SAP, Serunion, Telefónica, Tieto, Toshiba, and Xerox.
Prof. Zamora is co-founder of Inqbarna, a company specialized in the development of Apps for smartphones and tablets. For eight years he was the General Manager of eNeo Labs, a company devoted to products and services for the Digital Home. His previous professional experience includes four years as Director of Product Development at Xbind in New York, a pioneering company in video transmission over data networks, and five years researching and implementing one of the first video-on-demand systems in the US at the Center for Telecommunications Research and the Image and Advanced Television Laboratory of Columbia University.
He served in the International Standard Organization (ISO) as editor of the MPEG-4 video standard. Javier Zamora is author of five publications in international journals and fifteen technical contributions to standard bodies. He is the author of two international patents on Digital Home architecture and services. From 2005 to 2009, he designed and taught the class "Topics in New Technologies and Business" in the international Master of Science in Information and Communication Technologies Dept. as a visiting professor at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya.