Real Estate and Sustainability: Reinventing the Built Environment
How can real estate contribute to a healthier, more sustainable world while creating long term value for investors and households? What are the sustainability challenges facing the real estate sector? What are the insights to implement resilient measures to address these challenges? Through the insight of 5 well-known leaders, we will discuss an action plan to deliver a sustainable outcome in the built environment context.
Lucas Carné, Co-founder, 011h
María Garayo, Partner, Head of Impact, Argo Capital Partners; Co-founder, Sofiver
Francisco Alister Moreno, Co-founder, Clikalia
Miguel Nigorra, Partner, Fifth Wall
Fernando Ramírez, Investment Relations Director, Merlin Properties
Prof. Carles Vergara, Professor and Head of the Financial Management Department, IESE Business School
In collaboration with FINAVES
Carles Vergara-Alert es Profesor y director del departamento de Dirección Financiera del IESE. Obtuvo su Ph.D. in Business Administration, Finance and Real Estate, en la University of California, Haas School of Business. Cuenta con un M.S. in Finance (Business Administration) y un Master of Financial Engineering (MFE), ambos por la University of California, Berkeley. Además, es licenciado y máster en Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos por la Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, y PDD del IESE.
Ha trabajado en Allianz Hedge Fund Partner, Allianz Group, el Centro de Innovación del Transporte y el Banco Europeo de Inversiones. Tiene experiencia como consultor en los sectores de las finanzas, bienes inmuebles, ingeniería, farmacéutico, minorista y en el sector público.
Sus áreas de interés incluyen las finanzas inmobiliarias y la valoración de activos financieros.
- Lucas Carné cofounded Privala, one of the first and most successful e-commerce sold to Vente Privee for ?444M. He has recently founded 011h, a new type of construction company based on the latest advances in design, technology, industrialisation, sustainability and health to deliver buildings faster, cheaper, more reliably and in a way that is both people- and environment-friendly.
- Maria Garayo: Partner and head of impact at Argo Capital Partners. Maria has an extensive professional experience in providing strategic and legal advice on international projects in the transport, mobility and environmental sectors in Europe and Latam. Her main focus of interest include: assessing, integrating, and measuring sustainability in companies, rethinking and aligning business models oriented towards a green economy, and promoting and facilitating access to responsible investment and financing.
- Francisco Alister Moreno: Co-founder and current CEO of Clikalia, a proptech platform that buys and sells apartments, offering a fast, simple and transparent proposal. Francisco studied Business Administration and Management at the University College of Financial Studies (CUNEF). Before founding Clicpiso, Francisco worked at Banco Santander in the United States.
F. Alister Moreno
- Miguel Nigorra is a Partner at Fifth Wall, where he leads investments in European companies and technologies, and drives innovation and strategic initiatives with corporate partners in Europe.
Prior to joining Fifth Wall, Miguel worked at McKinsey in the Madrid and London offices. As part of the Digital practice, he led teams across Europe in numerous technology and innovation engagements. He also was a Business Development & Strategy Manager at Fon Wireless, the largest WiFi network in the world. Miguel started his career at The Coca Cola Company and Diageo.
- Fernando Ramirez: Investor Relations Director at Merlin Properties and LOOM Director, the brand of flexible spaces and coworking powered by MERLIN Properties. Before joining Merlin, Fernando managed real estate investments for large financial institutions such as Ahorro Corporacion and Deutsche Bank. Together with real estate Fernando is passionate for the theater.